Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday - my day off

Just a quick post - I am getting to do many things I like today

1. I Read another chapter in A New Earth. I am really liking this book and it is putting into words a lot of where I feel God is leading me. So much for me is about giving up control and learning to live in the present and trusting God. I find myself underlining all the time in this book and even writing notes in the margins. Ihave not yet gone online for the second "class" but this book is reinforcing what I am learning in life I will write more on it later.

2. I watched a movie this morning - The Hunting Party - which came and went into the movies theatres. I absolutely recommend this. It is based on a magazine article in Esquire and stars Richard Gere as a war reporter in Bosnia and Terence Howard as his camaraman. It is about war and friendship and life. It has a lot of soul in it. I don't want to say more - except to recommend. See it.

3. I got to take a walk in the woods with Christy. She is in her last year of grad school, having written a dissertation and now finishing it up. She did not get the job she should she wanted - but I know that God has something wonderful for her. It is good to be with her and catch up.

4. Soon we are going to a comedy club - for dinner and comedy. With Dawn and Jason. That is such a great release for us. We have been laughing a lot lately - Chuck and I. We have been staying up late and watching David Letterman talk about Elliot Spitzer. There is something about sex scandals that brings Chuck and I together :) !!Anyway, there are a few people that we can go to comedy clubs with - Kacey and Brett, Marnie and Todd, Melanie and Dawn and Jason. Really looking forward to this!!

Life is good. Snow is melting. Spring is coming.

One more thing: I loved this poem that someone sent me.

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER> > by Maya Angelou> > >

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ> that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'> >
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin''> I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'>
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.> I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.> >
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.> I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.>
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.> I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.> >
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,> My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.>
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I s till f eel the sting of pain..> I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.> >
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,> I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!'> > >

No comments: