Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ohio Voting

Today is the day and it is raining like crazy but Chuck and I voted.

We got to the polls at 9 AM and were able to walk right in. But I was were told they had been "slammed" this morning with voters standing in line to cast their ballots.

Four years ago I stood in line for an hour and a half to vote. And I find that there it is basically thrilling to be part of a democratic process where everybody's vote counts.

I start most every morning with "Morning Joe" and listen to Joe and Meka and Willie and many, many political guest and newspeople try to interpret what is happening and going to happen.
But it all comes down to this - individuals casting their votes.

My goal this year is to see at least ONE candidate in the flesh. Sunday both Hilary and Barak were 5 miles away - but it was the only time that I cannot get away - Sunday morning. Hopefully, Ohio will continue to be a key state and we will get more candidates coming here.

Anyway, I will be watching MSNBC tonight - hoping that my candidate wins my state!! I have done my part.

No comments: