Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rant

Just a little one.
I am sitting watching MSNBC again (somebody stop me!) and hearing them talking again about Rev Wright and Barak Obama and I wonder

- does anyone care where Hillary goes to church and what she hears?
- does anyone care where John McCain goes - ( I think to a Baptist church in Arizona even though he is nominally an Episcopalian)
I do know that he has been supported by Rob Parsley who is a mega preacher in Columbus who drives me crazy. Anti intellectual, anti gay, oh - I can't go on about it.
The point is that so many of these Christians can preach against women in leadership and against gays (or no - they "love them - but hate the sin") and it is all taken for granted.
But a man confronts the systems that are in this country - racism and militarism and is accused of "hate speech" and "Anti-Americanism".

And again - why is no one supporting Jeremiah Wright? I keep waiting to hear that the general minister of my church is going to make a statement. I hope so.
That's all for now.

No comments: