Thursday, March 20, 2008

Reagan and Alyse

Reagan and Alyse came over after our GIFT program at church last night (Generations in Faith Together) and spent the night. They are here now right now.

First we stayed longer at church because they were so happy playing there. They were playing a game where Reagan was the queen and Alyse was her servant and her night and her guard. No one could speak to the queeen except Alyse. They concocted a throne for her to sit on. It all seemed to work and you just picture 10 years from now as Reagan continues to rule over her subjects :)

When they came in last night they wanted to play games so we played bunco together. There are two problems with bunco - first it goes too long and second they don't like losing! This, of course is written by me - the one who has a T shirt that says "Plays Well with Others - As Long as She wins!" Anyway, we figured out how to solve this problem. They decided they were a team and cheered each other on against me. And they won - that works!
.
We played Blokus for a while until they got tired of it and they just made up games together. Games like throw the coin and throw the ball and pretend queen and servant.

I put them to bed at 9:30 and told them they could whisper together but not talk loud or jump around. Alyse said she was going to sleep on the floor and Reagan was on the futon. (again a queen?) So, I am in the family room watching top chef and suddenly they are there. They have heard a noise. So I say - go back to bed and I know you will be okay. I continue watching TV and soon they are here again. So finally I say, "What do you want?" And Alyse says: "I don't want to go to bed," So, I surprised them by saying OK.....as long as you are quiet. And they were as I watched Top Chef. Finally to bed at 11 with Reagan sleeping in the middle of the bed and Alyse on the floor scrunched up.

We are going to go shopping for Easter dresses this morning. But I told Alyse that we are going to buy one for Reagan and for her if she wants. She says she doesn't but I am betting that Reagan and I can persuade her. She is so tricky sometimes. Reagan informed me that they were going to "pass" on breakfast. I said, that was okay but if the changed their minds they could have cereal, or eggs or pancakes. To which Reagan immediately said - "scrambled eggs" and Alyse said "Tomatoes!"

I woke up first and they joined me in the family room and I asked them to check on Poppy. They were out and were back in 30 seconds yelling "naked!" It turns out they should have yelled "underwear!" but still startling to them and insignificant to Poppy. One of the young men at the Monday night Bible study had a similar experience of being startled to see Poppy in his underwear. Poppy thinks nothing of it - but most of us would rather not!

Anyway, right now they are downstairs cracking hickory nuts with Poppy. I don't know why we buy them toys - when they can amuse themselves in so many other ways.

This is the joy of my life.

2 comments:

Me said...

I love it! I can just picture it all. Esp the TOMATOES for breakfast and them screaming about Poppy being naked. :)

Marnie said...

I'm so glad they got to have such a special night with Ogram and a "special" morning with Poppy! I don't know about Alyse being a servant, but I do know Reagan is a queen! :)