Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Political Wondering

Well, I have to admit that I was disappointed that Obama did not win Ohio or Texas.

I just read in the Huffington Post what I had been wondering about. ....what effect Rush Limbaugh had on the results. Apparently he is more popular in Texas than Ohio. He has been encouraging his listeners to vote for Hillary. I think he believes that McCain could win against Hillary because she is so polarizing. I think so too - one of the reasons why I am against her as the candidate.
Anyway, this is what Ben Miller wrote:

"Now, look at Ohio. Once again 9 percent of voters were Republicans, but Obama and Clinton split them evenly, 49-49. Once again, 14 percent of voters were "conservatives," and Obama and Clinton split them 48-48. (Obama did better with them than he did with liberals and moderates.) Those tactical voters who thought Obama could win gave him a 80-18 victory, a margin twelve points smaller than the margin in Wisconsin.It's a similar story in Texas, where Limbaugh has the most listeners of any of these states. Obama won the Republican vote 52-47, but conservatives (22 percent of all voters, up from 15 percent in the Kerry-Edwards primary) went against Obama. For the first time, they were Clinton's best ideological group: She won them 53-43. And Clinton won 13 percent of the people who said Obama was the most electable candidate."

Anyway, not to be dramatic and to give Rush Limbaugh more credit, I think he did have some effect. Because he would like the democrates to be disorder and she is the candidate that many people hate.

I don't hate her - I like her. But I don't want a president who is a fighter. I want a uniter. Not to be naive. But the more I think about it - the more I realize that I am sick of the "throw the kitchen sink" at him and "I'm a fighter."
Now I am reading that Obama is going to go negative. I hope he speaks the truth - but continues to be more thoughtful and hopeful.

No comments: