Saturday, March 8, 2008

blizzard

We are having a blizzard here in Columbus, Ohio.
What that means is a lot of snow AND wind. Without the wind it is just a snowstorm.

So, I have spent the day on the phone - first question at 11 AM- should we cancel the early service.
Finally, YES> So phone calls all around on that.
Then conversations with Erica at noon- should we cancel Sunday School? And finally, yes. So she took care of that.
Then conversations with Bonnie at 1 - should we cancel the lunch after church and the meeting with the guy from Cleveland Christian Home. Yes.
And finally - conversations with Daryl at 3 - should we cancel worship? And the answer seems to be YES.
Then phone calls to Kim the organist, Carol, the choir director and the TV stations. And emails to everyone whose number I have.

NOW - it is 4 PM. No church tomorrow. No sermon to finish. (I kept putting off finishing it and now I will look at it again in 3 years!) No children's sermon to think about.
No more phone calls I have to make.

So, maybe I will shovel snow. It is an amazing amount of snow.

No comments: