Thursday, March 27, 2008

Healing Service

Once a month we have a healing service at our church on Wednesday nights. It is very simple and we usually have from 4 to 10 people attend. That was the case last night.

So, after I ranted about the political scene, I go into a church sanctuary with a handful of people and experience on a personal level the healing presence of God.

As we came into the church, Faye said that she had a testimony. And so she told us about the fact that she just returned from the doctor's yesterday and the tumor that they had seen on an xray was now gone. Pat came with Lisa. Lisa is 29 years old and living with her parents as she is fighting breast cancer. She has been having chemo and had surgery last month. She has been attending our healing services for 4 months and we just love her. We laid hands on her and prayed and prayed for continued healing. Natalene was there. She is having back problems and we laid hands on her. A year and a half ago she had brain surgery and I believe it is a miracle that she survived that and was able to go back to work. Again, I just love her.

During this service we read scripture, listen to music and do prayers of intercession. Then we lay hands on whoever wants that. And then we do communion and say the Lord's prayer.
What I realized as I stood there last night was that everyone of us could point to healing that God has done in our lives - for me it is more in my spirit than in my body. Others may not realize how much God is healing some of the emotional pain that have carried for years.

There was a sweet sweet spirit in the room and I know it was the presence of the Lord.
I am blessed by a night like this.

No comments: