Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

I am sitting at 6:00 PM and watching Meet the Press. It has been a good Easter with one little glitch.

First the good part. The good part was two worship services and a breakfast - all of which went very well. Our theme for this morning was "Joy in the Morning" and it felt pretty joyful. We actually tried to sing (and dance!) to The Lord of the Dance and it was okay. We handed out a magnet at the end with a Bible verse - John 16:22. And I thought the whole thing was nice.

At two oc clock we had out Easter lunch and it was so nice. Chuck made ham and twice baked potatoes and a delicious Greek Salad. Dawn and Jason came and she brought a delicious chocolate cake, Marnie and Todd cam e and brough our entertainment - Reagan and Addie who found eggs hidden in the house, John and Marsha came and Marsha brought crafts for the girls to do. And JOhn and Ella Mae came and brought wine and their love for the little girls. It was just nice and, of course, chaotic, but mostly just nice.

The glitch was that in between lunch and church I went to CVS and did not have my wallet. I looked at home and in the van and knew I had not taken it out of my purse during church. And so, .....canceled credit cards and my debit card. And wondered whether the worst could have happened......my wallet got stolen at church. After everyone left Chuck went to the church because he thought that if it was stolen - it might have been thrown away afterward. And amazingly enough - there it was in the lost and found. The driver's license was in there, the debit and credit cards and even two checks written out to me. The only thing missing was the cash and coins. So.....of course I feel stupid. I am always being told to watch that I keep my office open and my purse in view of anyone.

But the truth is that someone today went into my office and took my wallet and extracted the money (by the way - not much - under $20). Chuck and I started to do the wondering - who could have taken it? And it is a waste of time.
Just a disappointment and a reality - that we live and practice our faith in an imperfect world.
But I continue to trust God - and maybe I need to be more careful!!