Sunday, February 28, 2021

Let me welcome your love

The prayer song I started the day with contained these words: 
Jesus Christ, inner light
Do not let my darkness speak to Me
Jesus Christ, inner light
Let me welcome your love

It is a beautiful Sunday morning in Southport and soon I will be walking the beach with Geoff and Vicky.  It is so good to be in this place of hospitality, beauty, and love.

And yet, the darkness of life itself and that is also within me is present always.  There's an awareness of the pandemic that still affects us.Often
 our conversations can turn to the political and the confusion and corruption that exists always and is often revealed. And I live with awareness of mistakes and regrets of the past.  Even here, the darkness - my darkness - wants to speak.

So I sit in a sun filled " retreat space" and say out loud: Let me welcome your love !  I read today's devotional in which these words are written

Yet giving and receiving are at the heart of Christianity.  God's giving and our receiving. Our giving and God's receiving . 

This makes me think of one of my favorite prayer practices: sitting in Silence
and breathing in Gods love for me and breathing out my love for God.

  As I welcome God's love I am receiving grace and mercy.  I begin this day in gratitude.  And feel lifted up. And experience the light of Christs love around and within .

Do not let my darkness speak to me.   

I welcome your love.

No comments: