Saturday, February 27, 2021

When do I

Feel close to God?

Today is Saturday. A day of reflecting on the past week and the question - when do I feel close to God? When did I this week?
I read through my journal and past posts and realize that it is often but most intensely during these morning meetings with the praying as you go, the devotional. The journal, the writing afterward. It is a time of focus - of bringing God, who is always present to the foreground.
And then this question reminds me that throughout the day - whether I know it or not - I really am close to God  even when I am not FEELING it?
Usually I am writing this in my basement at the computer after spending time in “my chair” where I routinely sit in the front room with Ginger facing my on a couch.
Now I am in the retreat space- a built in room - in my brother’s home in Southport North Carolina. The sun is shining and we will soon walk the beach. It is good to be here.
Yesterday I felt close to God flying here. Flying for me is always both tiring and exhilarating. I am with people and yet alone. It was a cloudy, rainy, and sometimes turbulent ride. I always have a window seat. There was a moment when the plane went up over the clouds and we were in blue skies with the sun shining. It lasted about three minutes and was striking to behold the puffy clouds, the startlingly blue sky and bright light of the sun. And then we went back down into bumpy riding and dark clouds and landed in rainy Wilmington. 

Somehow it reminded me of Gods love and grace always present if unseen in the hard times. In the background- over everything and trustworthy.

And so I have peace today beginning this time away. All will be well!

Loving God
Open my eyes that I might see
Visions of hope you have for me
Amen

No comments: