Monday, March 8, 2021

Wait for the Lord

That is the song that plays as I begin my time with God

Wait For the Lord. His day is near. 

Wait for the Lord  Be strong.  Take Heart

I sit and wait.  With all that is within me.  I have moments of sadness as I live alone, times of great expectation and hope  as I wait for the end of the pandemic and spring, and great concern for others in my sphere.

Last night I watched some of the interview with Harry and Meghan - an old old story of family dysfunction, lack of communication, racism, distance, and deep hurt.  I sit in prayer for people I know and love - who are living in estranged families,  desperate circumstances because of physical disease, mental illness or addiction. 

 The text today was about Jesus preaching in Nazareth and being rejected.  And he could do no more. Actually they tried to throw him off a cliff.  As I pray for the people in my life, I pray that they will accept his presence and his love.  It is all about love ultimately.

This morning I am aware of the gift of prayer that we all have.  There are so many times that I can see pain and hurt and can do nothing.  My "advice" is fruitless and I just feel inadequate.  But I can pray and lift them up to God.  I can do that.

So, I wait for the Lord.  I hope I am walking with the Lord.  And I pray and pray and pray - for others, for this world, for my family, for myself.

Life is hard, but God is good.


No comments: