Thursday, March 4, 2021

Leaving

I write this from the Wilmington airport. In 30 minutes I am boarding the first of 2 flights that Will take me home.  I guess I am ready.

This morning I got to take a last walk around Southport with Geoff.  We stopped for a while and just sat and stared at the cape fear river.  I will later add pictures.  The sun shining on the water created twinkling diamonds and I was mesmerized.  The word that came to me as I sat there was " spacious.". The sight of blue skies and peaceful water and expansive time gave me a sense of freedom. And abundance and Room.  It is been six days of no work and no worries and just being.  We have risen early and eaten well and enjoyed our time together.  As in most vacations I come home refreshed and prepared for my life in Columbus. I used to say after time away that I felt like I had barnacles removed.  The hull of the ship felt smooth and ready to go back into the river of daily life.

I did my prayer devotional today and read : blessed are those who trust in the Lord. The are like a tree planted by water.  I do not have the full quote but I wrote this: ...not anxious and does not cease to bear fruit

That is who I want to be.  It helps to have time away so that the tree can truly be nurtured and reminded
God is here watering your soul
Don't fear
And trust that the fruit will be ripening in season


Has been good to be away
And it is good to come home

It is easy Read

No comments: