Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Making connections

I sit here in the retreat space of my brothers home and realize that my whole life is about making connections.

I start the day listenIng to pray as you go app and reading a devotional and
Automatically make connections.  Connecting the texts to each other and to my life.  This morning I hear about living in the kingdom which means following a path of service.  " whoever wishes to be great must be a servant...."

The devotional is about trusting God in our daily life:

Matthew 6:25
Therefore do not worry about your life.
, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear,
. is not life more than food and your body more than clothes?

And it all connects with this verse:

But seek first the kingdom and all these things will be added unto you

Seeking first the kingdom is understanding that the best life is found in serving ---- loving----- others.  It is as simple as that.  And to shift the focus from ourselves to others helps us to stop worrying about tomorrow.  

It is easy to write this here on vacation where I am bring served with great love by Geoff and Vicky. This has been a peaceful restful time receiving care. 

Tomorrow I go back home and into the life that does involve service - love in action - to friends, family, church people and others.  And I do know it is a good life.

For now I rest in Gods love and the care of this family and marvel at Gods design for our lives.  When we are " seeking the kingdom" we are connecting to the divine and human; Our loving God and our community.  

And all will be well
 

No comments: