Saturday, January 10, 2009

Reflections on the Week

I am sitting in my family room with candles lit and doing my sermon avoidance thing that I do on Saturdays and thought I could at least reflect back on this week and what has been happening.

1. Monday night the Buckeyes lost but we sure had a good time watching them. Kerry from our church invited us to the "Ozone Bar" to watch the game and we really really enjoyed it. The evening started with the young adults from the Monday night Bible study being there and Kerry's inviting them over to the party in her corner of the bar. She had snacks for everyone and it was just great. I love watching people get so excited about the game - but alas they did lose.

2. Thursday night I had my first Bible study of the year and it was so good. We are going to be reading the same scriptures every week and then talking about them and then on Sunday I preach on it. The love and interest was so apparent in the room and we have a lot of really wise people. It was wonderful.

3. The cruise for my 60th birthday celebration is going to be in 23 days and we have been looking ahead - at possible side trips and findign out out where our room is and just talking about it. I love looking forward to this and I know it will be memorable. We have 24 people going together and I really look forward to watching everyone on the ship interacting. I just hope that Susan will sign up - it is not too late!

4. We got some news that concerns us about Ellen. After her last blood test, she immediately went back on chemo. She will have chemo for the next two weeks and then she and Tom will be going on the cruise with us. That is such a blessing to know that we will be together and enjoy warm weather, good food and just being taken care of .

5. Today is Marnie's birthday - she is 34 years old!! I can't believe it when I feel like I am about 40 years old myself. She is in a transitional time - but I know will have a wonderful day today and that this year is going to bring joy and growth for her.

So, lots of stuff going on as always. God is Good - God is here in the midst of it all.

No comments: