Friday, January 30, 2009

Facebook Confession

I am on facebook.
My sister Ellen set me up on facebook at least a year ago and I did nothing with it. I would occassionally get notifications that someone wanted to be my "friend" and I found it irritating.
And I just let it go.

Marnie has now come back to facebook and so I thought I would too and I find that I am getting hooked.
It really is another way to connect to people from my present and my past. And I love it.

I love reading about kids from Bowling Green who are now adults and I see these statements (sometimes 25 random statements) about what they are doing and it is just so interesting to me and satisfying.

I love reading about my own kids and what they are doing and getting a little window into their lives.

I love reading about other people from different parts of my life and my family. This year I celebrate 60 years of life - and that is a lot of people over the years.

And facebook gives me a snapshot - literally -in what some of them may be doing at any time.
It is great! But can kind of hook me into spending more time than I originally planned.

2 comments:

Pattie said...

I'm like you1! After hearing so many people talk about it and knowing how much Kacey has with it I decided to jump in, too. What fun. And you are so right, those 25 things that we all circulate are fun. Sometimes I do an eye roll when I get one and I'm very busy, but most of the time I do end up doing it. It is so fun to see the different things about people. I'm hooked on Facebook and wonder if I will eventually need a 12-step program! I look at it this way. By keeping up with these things we will stay young and current. The surest way I know to stay young at heart. Enjoy the cruise. As a mom of an adult daughter I know how much this has to mean to you to have this special time with your daughters.

Unknown said...

I am quite addicted to FB. It is really fun. Right now, I am reconnecting with old high school friends. I am also working on my 25 things list. I am trying to get my father to join. Gail is on there, so maybe that will help.