Saturday, January 31, 2009

Getting Excited - Part One

The last two days I was at Wellstreams in a little retreat as we are beginning our new term in school. And it gets me very excited.

We are a class of 19 and we are going to be together probably for 2 and a half year. The program ends in May of 2011! Wow! It seems daunting, but I bet when it is done I will be sorry it is over.

Now I am talking two course -
The first one is in prayer is it is going to be mainly experiential. We are going to have prayer journals where we record when and where we prayed and what happened when we prayed on a daily basis. Should be interesting and a great discipline for me.

Today we spent time talking about all the names of God that are found just in the Psalms and our assignment for the next two weeks it to pray with different names for God.

The other course is in human, personality, and faith development. It too is going to stretch me and teach me some new ways to look at myself and the journey that I have been on. We are reading four books - the first one is "Healing the Eight Stages of Life" about Erikson's developmental stages. I truly can't wait to get started on it all. As we were learning about the class today, I found myself leaning forward and not wanting to miss anything. This is all the stuff that I love to learn about.

So, happy to be learning something new. Happy to be in a place where I am being forced to have a real discipline about my prayer life. And curious about what will come out of this term.

We spent quite a bit of time Friday night talking about what happened to us in the first term - and all I can say is that I do feel like I am experiencing an internal shift. I feel like I trust God more and more, feel greater peace and really feel - for lack of a better word - Happy.

God is Good, All the time

No comments: