Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Re reading

One of the blessings of my life has been writing - writing this blog, writing prayers, sermons, and just memories and observations of life.  I have been in a couple of writing groups and I currently host a "Readers and "Writers Salon" which meets monthly.  Often I save what I write in a file marked "Writing." 

This morning I spent some time re reading what I have written over the years.  I found this piece of work that I wrote for some reason  in October of 2018.  That would be a month before Chuck had his surgery and two months before he passed away.  It speaks to me still about the gift of the  discipline of putting thoughts and feelings to word.

 

 

Wordtherapy

Thinking about the mystery of creativity

"Creativity is the antidote to despair" – what a concept and I believe it to be true

That is why I write a blog and am now doing morning pages

Creativity is the antidote to despair

So I sit here in my basement – blessed to hear this woman talk about things that I believe to be true

And know that too often I am blocking the flow, not living in the present, numbing and deadening the feelings.

Yesterday’s blog about living with sadness was really helpful for me because it put into words what was going on – and somehow dissipated – not really dissipated – but maybe disempowered the sadness that is

That just is

So it is all about putting it into words

Wordplay

        Wordwork

              Wordtherapy

                       Wordcreativity

It is all the same thing

Do not go gentle into that good night

And do not allow despair and depression to have the last word

Instead fight the darkness that can overwhelm

And speak and write and proclaim your feelings, your truth, your reality, your life

The hardest part is not allowing the demon of perfectionism,               the voice of inadequacy, 

           the fear of ridicule and              dismissal by the invisible audience

Instead being curious about what is happening here

Inside me – why am I feeling as I do? 

Let me get it out so that I can get on the balcony and look down and see the dance – 

 the construction –

 the destruction – 

 the missteps –

  the beauty of the dance

Of my singular life

 

++++++++++++++

The blessing  of writing is to be able to reflect and record in the moment some of what is happening and then YEARS LATER re read and sit in wonder at the gifts of my life.

No comments: