Sunday, January 23, 2022

Preparing for Church

In your light I learn how to love

in your beauty, how to make poems

 

You dance inside my chest

where no one sees you.

 

But sometimes I do,

and that sight becomes this art.. 

 

I leave soon to go to church.  And I share this poem by the Sufi mystic and poet Jalaluddin Rumi.  

I am drawn to the line "You dance inside my chest where no one sees you."  As I prepare myself for worship I sit in wonder and hope that  God is "dancing" inside me and guiding me this morning.  

I am the associate minister of engagement which says everything.  I am not the one who is in charge and my task is help all of us to engage the divine as well as the community.  This  morning I will pray in the services and welcome   those who come to worship.  

It is so easy for church to become routine and almost too familiar.  But my prayer for today is that we all might respond to the one who dances within us and engage in the art of loving each other.

That's all.



No comments: