Monday, April 20, 2015

Sedona

I write this from Phoenix because our Sedona adventure is now over.
And I will continue to ponder and reflect on my time there.

First of all, it was my birthday weekend and I have to say that I really enjoyed that!  We had a terrific birthday lunch  Saturday at Hideway Restaurant which was outside and afforded a beautiful view of the red rocks and the gift of good food, wine and friends.  It was everything I could have ever wanted.

Chuck prepared a beautiful breakfast on my birthday and gave me two cards - one with $2 to buy a chocolate turtle and the other with $10 to buy two bottles of "2 buck chuck." This is a man who knows what i like.   And doesn't bother with the details of purchasing the items himself.

Saturday both Susan and I engaged in a birthday present I gave myself - a 30 minute session with Mary Morningstar, a Sedona Psychic.  We sat in on each other's and taped the sessions.  I learned, among other things, that we had been friends,  sisters and mother and daughter (she was the mother) in past lives.   I learned that I was not supposed to try to fix Chuck and that he is brilliant and once was my knight in shining armor.  And actually I learned a lot of other things which I will be pondering for some time.  Sunday morning Ken went to her as well and these visits have certainly given us lots of conversation.

This morning as we left we did stop at the Chapel and I got to spend time there in prayer and reflection.  It is breathtakingly beautiful in its setting and very holy in the place itself.  At the same time, it is a tourist stop.  I sat there long enough in the chapel that I waited out the people walking on the altar and taking pictures.  I was able to sit and truly experience God's presence.

Here is what I wrote in my journal.

Sitting in the Chapel

I am HERE to be with YOU
Seeking you in a place where others have come, do come and will come.
Touched by the setting, the architecture, the holiness, the beauty of this sacred place.

We come and walk around
   take pictures
     light candles
        pray
          wait
             sit

Here some of us know completely the longing that brings us here.
   Others are mildly interested and curious
    and some may not connect at all
         with Your Presence
                Your awesome creating and recreating spirit

But I am Here as so many before me in awe and gratitude

There are Banners that circle the sanctuary and two of them speak to me today
They are white with blue crosses in the center in the corner

One says:
I will gather you from the ends of the earth
    I will give you a new spirit

The other:
When He calls to me
When He calls I will answer

I sit Here
I am Here to be with you

And my soul is filled with your presence
your love
your call
Amen and amen

No comments: