Sunday, August 23, 2009

Satisfaction

There is nothing like a Sunday night.

I had two church services today - and they both went well and that is all good.
We had not very many people at the 5 o clock service - but it still was real worship and a good sermon from Charles.

I went out to lunch with about 20 members of the church at MCL Cafeteria - not my fav restaurant - but it was a good meal and really nice to be with people. Joe and Mary said they had been to a movie they liked but didn't who to recommend it to - and sure enough it turned out to be "Inglorious Bastarde" - a title I don't think they were going to say out loud - but a movie I plan to see tomorrow. All of that is pretty great in my book. Quentin Tarentino's movies are an acquired taste - and I like them. We will see.

Afterwards Chuck and I went to see Anna Margaret Ruland who is recovering in a nursing home from a broken hip and pneumonia - she is such a lovely person that it is just a joy to see her. And she offered us sugar free chocolates that were delicious. Who knew that you couldn't tell the difference? Not me. (I tend to take anything people offer me when I am visiting!)

This afternoon Marnie and Eric and Dawn and Jason came over and we talked about vacation next summer and Thanksgiving and going out to dinner next month and it was all very wonderful for me. I feel blessed in so many ways.

Finally, I read 100 pages in The poeple of the book for book group on Wednesday and like the book! That is always a good thing and I am sure I will finish it by Wednesday. in addition I got to see Mad Men tonight which is always very interesting.

So, how am I? Satisfied! A Good day and tomorrow is my day off.
What more can I say?

2 comments:

Gillian said...

YES! Vacation next year! you mean OBX right?

Eventuallysusan said...

I recommend Phoenix/Sedona and, of course, thinking big. Remember, you're the one who's going to get us on Oprah.