Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Julia and Julie and other things

I just read Kacey's blog (www.followthepowell.blogspot.com) about the movie and thought I should say something too. We went to see it on Monday evening at Easton and the best part - the best part - besides the movie and the company - was that at Easton you can buy a glass of chardonnay to drink while you watch the movie. That was SO PERFECT for this movie.

I always tell people that the movies I like the best are about people and this one certainly was. It was about two women who were loved by their husbands and who had a passion for cooking. And it made me want to cook some Boef Bourgeonion (SP) and some Coq Au Vin and I will. As most people who know me know - Chuck's entry into my life kind of kept me out of the kitchen - for a variety of reasons. But this movie really makes me want to cook once in a while. Get ready!!

Kacey commented on how the sister relationship touched her as she thought about me and my sister and when I read that I cried. What I realize is that in many ways I am constantly reminded of sisters - whether it is watching my daughters or a movie or just a chance comment. And as always, I am reminded that my sister is gone and it still surprises me.

I do have a passion in my life that is not cooking but it is in pastoring. Last week I set up the reiki table at Advance Conference and did 8 reiki treatments that week. in addition, I came back to Columbus one day specifically to pray for people as they were going into or coming out of surgery. I cannot explain the power and the blessing of praying for people - and it makes me want to do it all the time. today, in fact, one of the women from AA popped in for a brief prayer before she did her first "lead." How cool is that and what a gift. But the rest of the story is that I am tired. It is the grief as well as the pastoring that can take a lot of energy. But I also love what I do.

Anyway, let me also recommend Julia and Julie and tell you it really goes best with a glass of wine! (and the chocolate cake and decaf coffee afterwards wasn't bad either!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree it was a great film. I want to go to the movie theater where you can have a glass of wine when we visit at Thanksgiving!

margot connor said...

you are on! I will babysit if you want!!!

Me said...

Great quotes:

I got a comment!

I'm ADD. That's why I'm bad at housework.

Unknown said...

Thanks Margot. I was going to ask if the grandparents could watch all of the kids, so we could have a "cousins night out" during our visit. I want to spend time with my cousins offline!