Monday, August 24, 2009

Sabbatical Questions

Well, I got an email from the Louisville Institute reminding me that the deadline for getting a grant for a Sabbatical is Sept 1st!
It is highly unlikely that I would get picked - but certainly not if I don't apply. And the word is that you want to dream big.
I have must spent 2 hours looking at websites online and trying to come to some kind of sense of where to go, what to do, what I need.
I have already determined that the Sabbatical will begin June 14th and end the Tuesday after Labor Day. In the middle of that time I will definitely go on a family vacation to NC, to Advance Conference if asked, probably Chautauqua and on at least one week long silent retreat.
I have titled this Sabbatical - "Body, Mind, and Soul" because that is really what I need - renewal of all three.

So, I am thinking about maybe learning more about the Enneagram, or about Reiki, or maybe doing a week of serious Bible study.

Then I am thinking about walking, exercising, yoga? fishing?

Then I am thinking about just getting a cabin in the woods and reading and writing and hoping that Chuck can keep himself occupied.

And then I am thinking about going to Florida to visit a church with a healing ministry or maybe to Sedona, Phoenix, Prescott.

And so, I dream and plan and wonder. I do know that it is time for the Sabbatical. I am plenty tired and one day off a week does not begin to give me the rest I need.

But I have exactly one week to nail it down a little to try to get some big money for a big dream. Whatever that is!

3 comments:

Audrey Connor said...

just get it in! it would be awesome!!

Me said...

all sound like great ideas!

Eventuallysusan said...

I vote for Sedona/Phoenix and echo Audrey's comments. I'm counting on you to get us on Oprah.