Saturday, August 29, 2009

An amazing Saturday

It is 9 o clock and I am almost ready to go to bed. And watch a little Mark Harmon.

I started this morning at the Wellstreams program with day 2 of a two day retreat beginning our second year. First of all, it feels so good to be back at Martin De Porres Center with the 17 who are part of my class. It wasn't that I missed anyone - but I missed the whole group and the whole experience of being together on this journey to becoming spiritual directors.

Last night we met a number of people who will be supervisors for us this year as we start to practice spiritual direction - first on each other and then on some guinea pigs (well, people, actually who will get free spiritual direction for a year under us!) Then today we read a number of articles about spiritual direction and did some conversation about listening and some listening exercises. What it did for me is really whet my appetite. I found myself thinking about all the ways in which I have grown because I go to a spiritual director and I really look forward to learning this art.

After this I went home and to get ready for our gospel praise concert: The Acts of Faith present Acts of Faith. The Acts of Faith are a signing group in our church and they put together this concert for the community. We had two choirs from other churches, a mime group, a Christian rapper and a poet in addition to the Acts of Faith themselves. It seems to me that we had almost 100 people come to this over the course of the 2 and a half hours and it was a really diverse group. The music - mostly led by Deric - was just terrific. I found myself standing, clapping, waving my arms around, dancing. A wonderful, wonderful evening.

So, Saturday night after a day like this and I need to time just me and Mark Harmon so I can chill out.

1 comment:

Me said...

"standing, clapping, waving my arms around"....is there video? :)