Wednesday, December 31, 2008

sleeping problems

We all have them. Don't we?

Reagan and Addie have sleeping problems - the whole getting to be on time and staying there.
Reagan goes to sleep and often Addie is still bright eyed and wanting to get up.
And so she often goes back and forth and back and forth - to and from the bed and family room.

Last night Alyse spent the night and there were huge sleeping problems. Neither Reagan or Addie wanted to go to sleep in their beds. There were tears and complaints and finally (11 PM) they ended up in Marnie's bed.
Marnie and I heard crying and it was Alyse who just wanted to go home. She missed her Mommy and her Blankie. And so at 11:30 PM Kacey showed up and took her home.

I have distinct memories of being Alyse's age and literally walking home in the middle of the night because I just could not sleep in someone else's house.

But now, my sleeping problems. I count it a victory if I get 7 hours of sleep. Chuck is happy if he gets 5 hours in a row. He frequently wakes up in the middle of the night and leaves our bed to go to sleep in the basement. And we know that there are many married couples that do the shifting beds in the night routine.

There is nothing worse than waking up at 3 AM and wondering if you are going to get back to sleep!
But for me, last night - 7 HOURS! A Victory!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been going downstairs and sleeping on the hospital bed. I toss and turn and once I get comfy Tom starts to snore. I'm taking a sleeping pill and I still can't sleep!

Unknown said...

I guess I am lucky that I sleep 8-9hours a night, but I have to go to bed really early (9pm) to make that happen.