Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Party

Last night we had Christmas at Kacey's house and it was really fun!

There were 9 adults - Brett, Kacey, Marnie, Audrey, Caroline, Jason, Dawn, Chuck and me and the 4 kids.

We started by playing a new game that Audrey got for Christmas - Jumblaya which I really loved. I hope Chuck and I can find it to buy each other for Christmas.

Then dinner - from boston Market - Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, Ham and my cheesy potatoes. Of course some wine, etc. And some appetizers ahead. It seemed like not a lot of work for Kacey - I hope so.

Then opening presents - lots of presents. Even though we try to keep it down - $20 limit per person - there are still a lot of presents. And a lot of fun.
The kids were great - they would each open a present and then disappear for a while and then come back when it was their turn again.

Then dessert and then we opened stockings. As usual that seems to be the most fun. We each bought something for each person's stocking and did not spend more than $10 for all the stockings. I did all my shopping in the dollar store and had fun getting stuff like - a magic trick for Jason, lotion for Dawn, a Jesus candle for Audrey etc.

I feel so blessed to have a family that really enjoys each other and knows how to have a good time together. I wish I could have stayed longer but I am doing a funeral this morning and knew I had to get home to rest.

The next big Christmas event for me is Christmas Eve worship. Looking forward to that.
The church really looks gorgeous and there is nothing like the end of the service when we all stand together holding candles and singing "Silent Night."

God is good. All the time.

No comments: