Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Letter

Well, I still do a Christmas letter and Christmascards - but maybe this is the last time.
I wrote the letter today and then addressed a bunch of cards and now I am taking time from writing notes on the cards and tucking in the letter.

Maybe all I should do is post the letter
So.....here it is!

Dear Friends

There are years when this letter comes early and quickly, but this is not one of them. It is hard to believe that the big day is in less than a week and there is still much to do

As I look back on the past year, there has been much that has been good and fun but there have also been some struggles. Starting there: my sister Ellen was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in April and literally everything has changed for them. We are so grateful for the successful back surgery, radiation and rounds of chemo. And thankful that after 6 months at home recuperating she is able to be back at work. Please keep her and her family in our prayers.

This summer Marnie and Todd separated which has been, of course, difficult for them and for the kids. The good news for us is that we have been able to have Marnie and Reagan and Addie move in with us and it has been a true blessing. Chuck loves having them to cook for and we both love their company. Again, please keep all of them in your prayers.

This fall marked five years of our life here in Columbus and my serving Karl Road Christian Church. And as they say, time flies when you are having fun – and we are!. Chuck continues to stay VERY busy with golf, cooking and doing various projects at the church. I could not have a better “wife.” Life at the church is very rich for me and I am awed by the ministry that happens here. We are now at the place where the building is being used every single day of the week between worship, AA meetings and an after school program. It is exciting and I marvel at what God is doing here.

This fall I also embarked on a two and a half year course of study to become a spiritual director. It means that I take classes every other Saturday morning and Wednesday evening. It has both stretched me and settled me spiritually. Being back at school gives me a different kind of energy and perspective. God keeps showing me that I can trust God with my life, my family and my work.

We look forward to a cruise in February to celebrate by 60th(!) birthday next year. I have invited friends and family to come and so far we will have 24 of us on the good ship “Fantasy.” We have so much to be thankful for – but this certainly is a “biggie!”

I pray that the holidays will be HOLY days for you. May we all continue to live into the life that we have been given and grow and learn and love.

With Love,
Margot and Chuck

1 comment:

Marnie said...

I am with you on the Blog card. Kacey, on the other hand, disagrees. :)