Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Prayers for my sister

Everything changes in a minute.
I got a phone call from my brother in law Tom who told me that my sister Ellen has a brain tumor and a mass on her spine. As we were speaking she was being flown by helipcopter to the hospital in Chicago.
Everything changes in a minute.

I have spent the last four hours calling family, emailing friends and clearing my schedule so Chuck and I can go to Chicago tomorrow.

There are many, many questions - but all I know is that we want to be there with Tom and Samantha and Sarah.

One of the things I found myself doing was getting Ellen's name on prayer lists.
I believe in the power of prayer.
So, whoever is reading this - please keep Ellen Hughes in your prayers. We pray for healing - body, mind, soul, spirit, relationships.

Amen

No comments: