Thursday, April 17, 2008

home again

Thursday night home again from our vacation.
At some point I will do a whole blog on the retreat with Julia Cameron. It was really wonderful.
There were over 100 women at the retreat on "True North: Finding your Creativity" and the women themselves were impressive. I was really impressed with her format. She taught us and then asked some very questions and then gave us time to cluster and talk. At one point she gave us four questions to reflect on and had us take a walk for 30 minutes. Lots of ways of helping to break through our resistence and to be freed from the inhibitions to create.

So I come home with intention - to continue to do the Morning Pages. I have kept at it every morning for a week. I also bought a new journal for that (of course) and today in the airport - a new pen. I do this all the time - every time I start a new spiritual practice I have to start by buying new. I also got 2 candles in Sedone - one for me and one for Susan so that we can light our candles as we do our morning pages. I also intend to walk in the morning. I just hope I stay with it.

Sedona is so beautiful I found myself looking at real estate ads and thinking maybe Chuck and I should just take a year off and live in a little apartment and I will work in a gift shop. We met many people from the midwest who got "Red Rock Fever" visiting there and just did it! I can understand that.

And what a blessing to be with an old friend. Susan is the only friend I have who knew me when I was 18. And I have no one - except brothers and sister - who knew me as a child. There is a comfort to be with someone who knew you when.

Last night we watched the debate together - which is a treat in and of itself. We both groaned over the 45 minutes of Charlie and George asking questions about misstatements in campaigning and Rev Wright and other peripheral stuff. My sense is that Barak is trying to campaign on the issues and the media just goes for the gaffes (and Hillary thrives on that!).

Anyway, I am back home again and hoping that some of the creativity is going to bloom within me and my life.

No comments: