Monday, February 11, 2008

Illness

Yesterday at church in the early service I started coughing. Chuck has been sick with something - the flu? a cold? - for 10 days now. He is mostly in bed - sleeping and reading. He occasionally gets out of bed and does something - but not himself.

So, I start coughing - from my chest. By the second service my shoulders hurt and I thought I am achy - have I caught this flu? So after lunch I went home and spent the afternoon on the couch and taking flu medication. I went to bed early and here I am today.

I pray and pray that God's healing spirit will come upon me. I don't have time to be down. I also know that I have been tired - "bone tired" for a while. And I believe that is why my immune system is down.

I was just reading a "letter from Carolyn Myss" who is a medical intuitive. She is doing a workshop on healing in May. It costs $1300! plus $700 for room and board!!!! I would love to go because everything she writes is so intriguing to me about the ability to discern the energy patterns which lead to illness or block healing. She has written about the archetypes that we all carry - one of them being the sabateur. I wonder how much I sabotage my own health. And my own well being.
So I begin today with prayer to my God who goes before me. And pray that I may hear the voice that leads to healing.


Anyway, I will go to work this morning and see Loretta my spiritual director today. I feel better today and trust that I am not going to be down and out for a week. But I will have be careful this week about how much I do.

No comments: