Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy Chuck

The flue came and it still leaves me feeling flat and kind of bleached out.
But I have worked this week and I am getting ready for this Sunday. And slowly I am getting my strength back.

We had a big occasion here today. Chuck bought himself a new car. After 8 years of driving vans he has purchased a car - a 10 year old dark green with camel leather interior - CADILLAC. That seems to be the desire of many men of a certain age - to own a cadillac at least once in their life.
And Chuck - at the age of 72 - now has a cadillac. I could not understate how excited he is by this purchase and how happy I am for him that he has this.

He got it in the best possible way - bought it through the internet from an engineer who drove it 70 miles back and forth to work for the past 6 years. He has all the paperwork of everything that has ever been done to this beautiful car. The car is without any spots and is in beautiful condition.

I can only watch Chuck and be happy for him. I don't understand really because I was born without the "machine gene" and with very little desire for much that is material.
What I like in life is to see someone being happy ....and he is. One of the great gifts of my life is Chuck and I watch him living his life in many ways like a child - in that so many things do make him happy.
He is happy when he plays golf, he is happy when he is planning to play golf, he is happy when he is making friench fries and he is happy when he is feeding people his friench fries. When he is happy everyone knows it - he has a smile that can almost break your heart to see it.

Anyway, I guess we have experienced a blessed event today. This beautiful green Cadillac.
Everybody should be so happy as Chuck!