Thursday, June 22, 2023

Hope is a good thing

I drink my coffee this morning out of my mug that says HOPE.  And remember the poem by Emily Dickinson that begins with these lines:

"Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
and never stops at all."

So today John and I go to the doctor to see about the results of his procedure last week.  We received some information last night that gives us hope and I feel myself lighter  - with a brighter mood and less heaviness inside of me.  

I have always been a woman of hope who trusts that ultimately all will be well.  The last few weeks have been challenging as we have been living in the waiting and the not knowing time.  But today something has shifted inside of me and I can feel it.

Last night John and I sat outside at 9:06 PM to watch the spectacular solstice sunset that was there for everyone to see.  And the blessing was that we DID see it and savored it.  The seasons pass, the days come and go and in the midst of all of it there is our God of beauty, creativity, love and mystery.

And it gives me hope.

Here is a blessing for today from Maxine Shonk's book Blessing Upon Blessing:

May the God of HOPE be with you,

inspiring, calling, inviting you to dream and believe in possibilities.

May you trust the dream that is forming in you 

and may your uplifted face and courageous spirit inspire others who have lost hope.

May the blessing of HOPE be with you.

Amen

No comments: