Monday, September 3, 2018

new month

It is September and a month that for me often felt like new beginnings.  A new school year, a new notebook, new teachers, new grade.  All of that when I was in school.

And when I was in the church it was time for back to church special Sundays - let's Kickoff! the new year.  The kids moved up a grade, there were new Sunday School classes starting, often new programs and a new sermon series.

So, here I am still feeling like something new is afoot without the external events in my life.  And there are two new happenings.  The first is the Audrey yesterday - I think - bought a house.  Which is definitely going to bring a change to my life.  She will start the process of moving out and I would imagine within two months Chuck and I will be the only residents of 1812 White Pine Court.  I know it is time for her to have her own place, but I will surely miss her company and help around the house.

After Chuck's fall last month it has become clear to me that his "gallivanting" by himself is coming to an end.  There is nothing he like more than going places and especially going new places.  So, I proposed to him that we would begin a project - a new project - in September.  We are calling it Chuck's Gallivanting Adventures - Lunch Edition.  The idea is that we will go on weekly lunches to someplace NEW every week and the goal is to hit 50 restaurants in 50 weeks!  We'll see if we are up to it.  I will be putting together a blog so we can have a record of the different places that we will go.

One of the big differences between me and Chuck is that I really like the familiar when it comes to going out to eat.  My ideal would be to find a restaurant that we frequent enough that when we walk in someone says: "Hi Margot!Do you want some coffee with cream?"  They know me!  But Chuck like novelty.  He likes to go someplace new that he has never been before   He like driving in the country and is delighted when it is a road he has never been on.  There is nothing like the NEW for him.

So, this project begins on Wednesday and I look forward to whatever new thing we eat and discover together.  It is good to try NEW things.  And I suspect I need more of it in my life.

May the God of NEWNESS be with you, freshening you with renewed energy and awakening you with new perspectives on old vision.
May you be free enough to let go of what is stale and used up
and to embrace what is new and full of promise.
May God's grace be with you as you wrap yourself in what is right, if unfamiliar.
May you look upon your life and your ministry with the eyes of God, ever new and ever transforming.
May the God of NEWNESS be with you.

No comments: