Friday, May 18, 2012

Prayer Wall

I put together a prayer wall this morning outside of my office.
This is an idea I have had for a while and with the 50th anniversary celebration of our church this weekend, I finally just did it.

It is pretty simple - because I am pretty simple when it comes to anything that has to do with crafts.

I put on it some quotes about prayer:


Pray, and let God worry. --
Martin Luther
*******************
Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?
-- Corrie Ten Boom

*****************
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
James 5:16


“To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” Martin Luther King Jr

I also put two lists -
- people in the military
- people with cancer

And then I put a description of what this is about - a place to see and remember to pray for others. It is also designed to be interactive. So I put post it notes and a pen there for people to write the name of someone who needs prayer. And we will see.

As I was working this morning I got a phone call from the Columbus Dispatch. A woman wanting us to subscribe to the newspaper. She obviously did not hear my greeting: "Karl Road Christian Church."

So when she understood, she immediately said - would you pray for me?
And I said - "Sure." Then I told her I was the pastor. Her name is Wendy and she asked for prayers for her and her children. She is under stress.

Her name is now on the prayer wall.

We all need prayer.
Amen

No comments: