Sunday, May 10, 2009

Celebrity Apprentice

It is over now - season 8 and Joan Rivers won and I am glad about that.

Celebrity Apprentice is one of my (many) guilty pleasures. I like the tasks and watching the way in which the celbrities interact and problem solve together. I also like the sort of "behind the scenes" views that we supposedly get into their lives.

There are some things that get on my nerves however:
1. The product placesments are ridiculous. Besides whatever the products that they are pushing that week (like Kodak) there are people who are drinking coffee that is prominently Starbucks throughout the show. I think that is no accident.

2. The editing is really suspect. When Melissa Rivers went ballistic after she was fired, you could not help but think something was left out. Maybe later somebody will write an "Inside the Apprentice" book and we can find out the real truth :)

3. And finally, Donald Trump is so irritating. He tries to get people to say mean and rude things about each other and then somehow stops conversations arbitrarily. It is frustrating to watch. I could not stand any of the conversation that he had with and about Dennis Rodman. Trump seemed both condescending and clueless about his drinking/ alcoholism.

This season the person I really grew to like was Jesse James but somehow he never made it to the top probably becuase he was so low key and was not going to bring in his wife (Sandra Bullock) or her money. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

It's over for now and it was fun to watch this spring.

4 comments:

Marnie said...

You are right on all accounts! Jesse James was my favorite but I also liked Brandy. I was very glad that Annie didn't win. First of all... she's irritating. Secondly, if she wasn't playing poker she'd probably be a serial killer. She has no emotions and doesn't care about anyone! And, lastly... Donald's an idiot! (But I love the show!!!)

Unknown said...

I had to quit The Apprentice because of The Donald. Between his weird hair and his terrible verbal impulse control, it got to be too much. I was tempted to go back with the celebs, but I stayed away. I am glad you enjoyed it!

Me said...

I always love the Apprentice, but Donald was horrible this year. Telling Rodman he was just a fun guy, instigating stupid conversations and then making God-like proclamations. I used to just laugh at his conceit. But this time around wasn't even funny.

Maybe he ticked off the editor..lol

Eventuallysusan said...

I think Donald's children, especially his daughter, are much more mature than their father who was as described by each of you. I wound up loving Joan Rivers, who knew? And I too liked Jesse. He got a little peevish at the end, but I liked him. I couldn't quite believe that I was as hooked on this as I was, despite The Donald. What an overrated, smug man.