Friday, April 24, 2009

Morning Psalm

I wake with regret and heaviness from yesterday

knowing I left too much undone
wishing I had gone to bed earlier
feeling full of the wrong foods in my body

I wake aware of the responsibilities of this day
there is work to do
there are people to consider
there are details to organize

And I come to YOU in the morning as I sit in a light filled, toy strewn porch.
And a I wait for youl

It starts with the movement of a tree as new spring leaves start to dance.
My ears hear a bird, then another and soon they seem to be calling back and forth.
And more trees catch my attention - pine trees, green trees, red trees, flowering trees, bare trees
Within my sight I see dozens of trees swaying in the wind
A squirrel runs down a lumb, birds fly from branch to branch, and wind chimes softly sound.

And as I pray, my soul begins to rejoice.
you are here in this new day.
You are here to move me as the wind moves the trees.
You are here to give me today's song
You are here to fill me with life.

And I hear your voice that says "Wake up!" "Live this Day"
Amen

1 comment:

Eventuallysusan said...

You are a poet. And your psalm is my morning prayer, richer because I have been in that room and can see the trees your are looking at and have heard those birds that sing. Amen.