Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Margot's Psalm

For the wellstreams program our assignment was to prayerfully create something to share with the group. This morning I wrote a Psalm - and this afternoon I created a "picture box" for it.
Here is the Psalm.

Margot's Psalm
My enemies are always present and speaking
with seeming authority
and perfectionist advice
and anxious certainty
They speak words of NO
Dont.....Wait....Not yet
You can't....You shouldn't.... Your time is over
There is nothing new to see To find To be
You need to be Practical
My enemies warn me about losing control
Be careful! You could fail
or look like a fool
Watch out! You could start a fire
Or release a flood
My enemies come with strings attached
Strings of propriety, normalcy, reasonableness, sensibility, self protection
They bind my body and start to suffocate my soul.
And they tell me. This is for your own good.
This will protect you
This will keep you safe.
And I think I am safe and also becoming dry...and bored and isolated and lifeless.
And then I hear your voice
I hear you in early morning hours as you speak your words of love
You come in the noonday sun and show me visions of grandeur
You appear in the night and plant your dreams of possibility
You speak softly and persistently your words of YES
I love you and I have always loved you.
You are my beloved.
I am awakening your soul
I am ignited your spirit within you
I am filling your life with my light.
You can trust me with your life.
You speak and the strings start to fall away
I breathe in the peace you have for me
I move with freedom and dance with joy
I sing the songs you want me to sing
I see the mountains you want us to move.
I listen for your voice today
You speak and the voice of the enemy is silenced
You speak and the world is new and life is a gift
You speak and I am free.

2 comments:

Me said...

WOW!! That is amazing, mom!

Eventuallysusan said...

I love this psalm. I see this as the first of many in a book pf your psalms.