Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday Night

Well, this is what I thought was going to happen.
I thought that right now I would be in my family room with Marnie and Kacey and getting ready to watch the debate.

Instead it is me by myself - I hope Marnie will join me. Kacey is on her way home with Jackson and Alyse. We had church meetings tonight - Kacey, Chuck and I and Marnie stayed home and watched the 4 kids. And Brett was going to come home from Cincinnati and pick up the kids.

Instead Jackson hit his head on a door and had a big big big goose egg. So, Kacey left her meeting and entered into that quandry that all parents have to face at times - is this something to call the doctor about? Is there going to be a concussion here? Or is this just something that go away. She did call the doctor and she is on her way home.

Reagan and Addie are in bed and I am waiting for the debate.

Ellen just called and suggested that we all take a drink every time we hear the word Maverick.
Sounds good to me.

This weekend we will be babysitting Jackson and Alyse on Friday night and Tom (Brett's dad)and Lynne will take them on Saturday night and Kacey and Brett get a whole weekend together without kids.

They need it. It is not easy to parent little kids. MUCH Easier to be a grandparent.
I am so glad that they will get that.

1 comment:

Me said...

Yes we do! And we are lucky to have great parents to give it to us! :)