Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Night

Coming home from our 5:00 Gospel Praise Service

Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.
This service was amazing tonight.
We sang some of my favorite songs - and while we had fewer than 25 people - we SANG these songs and it was wonderful.
Deric brought a choir from Hilltop Christian Church - an African American 7th Day Adventist Church and they were wonderful. Seven women singing "Glory to the Lord" and then another song. And it was just blessing upon blessing for me and all of us.

I had to follow their music with the invitation to communion and believe me, it was done with more passion and more heart than it ever is on a Sunday morning.

And then Charles preached. He had been overcome by what God was doing and somehow he had a sense that someone in our group needed to hear: "Let it Go" and he preached that for at least 10 minutes. And I heard it with issues that had been causing me concern about myself.
I heard him saying "Let it go" and I felt like God was saying that to me as well.

Let it go and let me take care of you. you don't have to pretend - just trust me.

Charles preaching is always much more spontaneous than mine - but tonight more than ever. He ended up preaching that and reminding us that Jesus stops for all of us and will help us with whatever we need.
It was a word I needed to hear and I am sure that many, many of us were touched by this worship service.

God is Good. All the time.

No comments: