Friday, September 26, 2008

What am I watching?

I really enjoy reading what other people are watching - so why not share about my own shows?

First of all I start every day on MSNBC with Morning Joe and Meka. As a campaign junkie, I often like the discussion. But I must say, that I miss Tim Russert alot. My favorite people on there are Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell. I also like Chris Mathews on that show.

I am a not so secret soap person and if I come home for lunch I spend a little bit of time in Genoa City with Victor and Nikki and the gang. (The Young and the Restless) and sometimes stay and watch a little The Bold and the Beautiful.

Oprah continues to be one of my best friends and I often watch her if I am around and interested. The shows I HATE on Oprah, however, are the "My Favorite Things" shows where everyone is screaming and I am thinking that it is a bunch of priveleged women getting stuff that is free advertising for the companies. It just gets on my nerves.

If there is nothing on that I want to watch - I go to MSNBC for Hardball, Keith Olbermann and now Rachel Maddow.

However, there are some shows I want to watch:

Mad Men is very good - and I really enjoy it when I remember to watch it. I wish they showed it again during the week.

I am a Law and Order watcher - all of them but especially the original. Now that Marnie is living here I have someone to watch with me.

I watch a lot of Bravo - Project Runday, Top Chef, and Top Design are ones many people watch. But in a pinch I can get engrossed in the Real Housewives or New York or California and Tabitha's Salon MakeOver. I also love, love, love the Actor's Studio. The host is smarmy but a lot of times the creative process of actors is something I find fascinating.

I guess that is it. I also watch Scrubs in syndication. I have now watched every episode at least once - many several times. It is definitely an acquired taste - but I think it is so creative and funny!

No comments: