Friday, October 12, 2007

Is this a call?

I just got off the phone with Seth who is applying to Methesco for next fall. I went there 25 years ago and last week took Seth on a tour of the campus. When we went into the library I had so many emotions come over me. Mostly, remembering studying there and how much I loved it!
It made me want to go back to school.

This week I had lunch with Kay, one of my spiritual friends who is a minister who also serves as a spiritual director. She was talking about WellStreams where she helps supervise those who are learning spiritual direction. And as she talked I thought (and said!) I would like to become a spiritual director. And she was so enthusiastic about it and said that they are going to start a new class next fall.

So, I got on the website and wrote to the director who directed me to the place where I could get information on the web about the program. It is 5 sememsters, beginning next fall. Two and a half years! And I look at the courses and I think - Wow -this is what I want to study.
Dynamics of Transformation
Treands in Christian Spirituality
Practices in Prayer
Humani Development personality Type and Spirituality
And that is just the first two semesters!!!!!

So, I sit at my desk and am supposed to be working on a sermon about Jeremiah and the call to leadership and just want to fill out the application and get the ball rolling.

Is this a call? I think so!

2 comments:

Me said...

Wow! You would be great at that. And how exciting to be energized by something new. I feel the same way about my new job. :)
Good luck!

Sunny B. Ridings said...

Spiritual Direction training sounds great. It's something I've been thinking about myself- I'd love to talk with you about it if you end up pursuing it! Good luck on the journey!