Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Blessed are the poor in spirit

That is the verse I was given this morning as I sat on my front porch in prayer.

The texts of today were about the power of God.  There was one from Job (38:39-39:12) with some of these verses
Can you hunt the pray for the lion or satisfy the appetite of the young lions?...who provides for the raven its prey?....do you know when the mountain goats give birth?

And Psalm 29 with some of these verses
the voice of the Lord is over the waters
the God of glory thunders
The Lord, over mighty waters
The voice of the Lord is powerful
The voice of the Lord is full of majesty

Both of these are about the power and the majesty of God.  There is a God and it is not me.

My last post was about sitting on the "perch" of privilege and this morning I realize that the only way I can find peace is to get on my knees before the God of creation.  I have spent a week preparing for the sermon that I gave yesterday and today I just want to empty myself of everything - especially myself.

I have been mentally grappling with issues about racism and pandemics and human sinfulness for the last few days and I am done.  I am tired of thinking, talking, opining about it all.  I am tired of wondering how long this pandemic will be with us,  and now how long the protests will continue and what is coming next with either one of them.

There is a God and it is not me.  So, I start this week on my front porch looking at birds and hoping to be of service in some way to someone.

The voice of the Lord is powerful. 
I am listening.






















No comments: