Saturday, April 27, 2013

Everywhere I look I see Beauty

I am at Sharon Woods Metro park sitting on a picnic table by the lake.

The sun shines it to my rate I see what looks like diamonds shimmering on the lake.

In front of me the wind moves the water in gentle ripples.

Surrounding the lake are the trees that are slowly coming back to life in this time of spring.

a tree across the lake is just beginning to bud and looks like a large queen anne's lace.
I remember being a little girl collecting those flowers (weeks?) on walks and returning home and putting them in glasses of colored water and waiting for them to change color

The sky is sky blue with steaks of white clous and birds trilling above and flying high and low

Wherever I look I see beauty this morning.

I love the breeze on me after a 3 mile walk. At one point I rested on a bench and looked down at the pathway with its rocks, twigs, leave old and new at my feet. In no matter at all but it was beautiful

Wherever I look I see beauty this morning.

And then the honking of geese and three fly noisily into the lake with a splash
and then swim silently.
Their profiles are dark against the sun diamonds on the lake

Where I look I see beauty this morning.

Yesterday our pastor's class met at Kim and Alan's house. We had the kids walk "Prayerfully" with their mentors.
I walked alone and felt then as I do now. Everywhere I look I see beauty.

And maybe that needs to be my new mantra for a while.

The operative word is, of course, LOOK. The beauty is here . Everywhere. Do I see it? Will I see it?

Yesterday I visited a 90 plus year old church member who lives with her sometimes unpleasant son.
Spent a few days in the hospital this week because she was in pain. The doctors found nothing wrong.

So she is home. Trying to deal with the pain. Grieving the loss of her husband who died a year ago after a 69 year marriage. Is this beauty?
Sitting with her is not like sitting by the lake.

But now as I look back I remember seeing deep faith in her very countenance. Her trust in God's presence and providence is just so evident. And so, in that unlikely place her goodness was beautiful.

Everywhere I look there is beauty.

May I look today.
Amen

No comments: