Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grace

This has been a week of grace in many ways

One of the areas of grace has been in being able to go to the park to walk. We have a metro park near our home - Sharon Woods and I have been there several times this week. Today I walked in the woods while Chuck sat and read by the lake. Wednesday afternoon when I was getting ready to do two funerals in a row I just sat by the lake drinking hazelnut coffee and allowed it to give peace to my soul. There is something life giving about taking the time just to be in the presence of beauty that is healing.

I experienced grace Saturday morning at church. That morning I talked to Chuck about missing some people from Bowling Green. And I had to go to church because we were hosting a regional meeting of the Ohio Women's Commission and there was Marcia from Bowling Green. It was so good to see her and to spend time just catching up.

I experienced grace Saturday night when Chuck and I went with Nikki to see "Why Did I Get married 2" - a Tyler Perry movie. I had no idea what it would be like - but it was really good - thought provoking and real about marriage and funny too. The whole day was a blessing.

I experienced grace this morning at church as I always do. I am doing a pastor
s class with Jimi and Christina who are 2 kids in foster care. They want to be baptized and so I am essentially teaching them some Bible stories and talking to them about faith every Sunday morning until May 23rd when they will be baptzied. They are such sweet kids and I feel blessed to get to be with them.

I am getting ready to go back to church for our gospel praise service where I will be preaching and after that we are going to play games in honor of my birthday. And Kacey and Marnie will be there - as well as friend. Now there's grace too.

I am a blessed woman.

1 comment:

Me said...

It was a fun night. Ending with BLINK was great!