Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Too much

I am watching Oprah with a woman on who can remember every thing that happened in her life. She is recalling television shows that Oprah has done and Oprah cannot remembers them. This makes me feel better, much better.

As I started to write this blog it is about my thinking I have too much going on and I am losing my mind - my memory.

This past weekend we babysat Jackson and Alyse for 4 days while Kacey and Brett went to Chicago and at the same time Brian, Huong and their friend Mike spent two nights when they went to a wedding. And of course, at the same time, I was putting together a worship service for Sunday and doing my work.

Everyone left on Sunday and on Monday I went to work - which I don't usually do to get everything done to go away. What that means is - preparing 6 worship services for church , 2 powerpoints, two worship outlines for Oakleaf and printing scriptures for 4 Bible studies. Is this too much?

And I am getting ready to go to Indianapolis tomorrow for three days for our General Assembly, then a trip to Seattle for my Aunt Shirley's memorial service, then fly in to Eric PA to finish out the week at Chautauqua Institute, and then a week as faculty at Camp Christian and preparing a keynote on "Doubt". Is this too much?

So I write this to say I can't remember right now whether I actually have registered for the general assmebly. I will find out tomorrow. And what is the name of the Hotel where I made a reservation for tomorrow. I hope to figure that out today. And all of that memory loss is - I believe - more than age - but the fact that I have TOO MUCH going on right now.

But - and it is a big but - I really like it all. Every bit of it - the kids, the grandkids, the work, the preparation, the travel. It is an abundant life - but sometimes - Too Much!

4 comments:

Me said...

I know how you feel--especially as I think about vacations and Christmas and holiday plans. TOO MUCH! Until I realize that it all makes me happy. And I'd rather have too much than not enough. :)

Unknown said...

I was just thinking how busy I have been, but that I enjoy the tasks and the challenge of balancing everything.

Eventuallysusan said...

I'm just glad you finally blogged.

Marnie said...

If I were telling you that I had all of that going on in the next few weeks you would tell me to pick and choose b/c that's too much! LOL. But, we do it b/c you do it - it is an abundant life you lead!