Saturday, July 18, 2009

Full House

We have a full house tonight.

Rachel and Brock, Chuck's grandchildren are here for the week. Rachel is 14 and Brock is 11. They are great company and we have had fun all week in Bible School.

Marnie Reagan and Addie are here as well. We have three bedroom and one basement. We are full. Marnie and Addie are sleeping together and Rachel and Reagan are sharing a room and Brock is on the couch in the family room and Chuck moves from our bedroom to the basement (this is what happens when you get older! ) We are full.

Plus there is a mouse in the house. It was sighted last night by Rach and we tried to say the we didn't believe it. Then this morning Marnie told me that she saw it and said not to tell the kids - because they would "freak out"
Unfortunately as she was whispering that to me and Chuck - (no easy task because we are hard of hearing these days) the mouse was making another appearance - this time in the family room in front of Brock and Rachel. It ended up in the kitchen in the corner.

So Chuck got a mousetrap and it is in the kitchen in the corner.

Now it is Saturday evening and the mouse has been sighted in Marnie's room where Addie was watching TV. Brock is running around with a broom right now (what does he think he is going to do - sweep it away?) and they have notified Chuck - who is presumed to be the "Mouse Killer" in our household. I don't know about that.

I am, of course, in the family room writing this.

So....we do have a full house - hope everybody can sleep tonight. I know I will because I have my own bedroom. And I have church tomorrow - I can't lose sleep over this!

3 comments:

Me said...

oh man.......have fun. ;)

Audrey Connor said...

i am sure you will get good advice on mouse killing from kacey and brett. i advise getting a cat again! :)

Gillian said...

Did you say your house is full? I wasn't sure...

Good luck with the mouse killing! Hope it doesnt snuggle in your bed with you!