Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Lake House at the end of the road

I have just returned from three nights staying at the LaKe House - a little cabin in the woods in Hocking Hills.
It is just big enough for two people with a porch across the front, a king sized bed in the living room with the couch, a reading chair and a small TV. There is a kitchen and a hot tub and it sits on a lake. It is in hocking hills and we have been on excursions to see the Rock House and the Cantwell Cliffs. Awesome!

This is what I wrote this morning after 3 days of resting, reading, fishing, walking and more resting.

I sit on the porch and see trees reflected in the lake
The dock has our fishing rods from yesterday's activity
Two chairs are beside the fire ring where we sat and talked and sat in silence in front of the glowing embers.

We have rested and found peace here.

i ma grateful for this time with good sleep every night and naps in the afternoon

I am grateful for having to face my sadness and my losses

i am grateful for books I have shared with Chuck (including Alice Cooper's book on Golf!)

I am grateful for walking and seeing magnificent rock formations and awesome natural beauty.

The first day I was here I lay on the dock and looked up at the sky and the underside of the leaves. And saw again as I continue to see - that everything is more.
There is so much going on that I cannot see it all - let alone interpret it.

Again and again I find the best definition of God for me is "more."
there is more beauty here than you can see
There is more healing here than you realize
There is more love than you can even imagine.

I thank God for this time and I am grateful for the healing and the peace of the lake house.

3 comments:

Me said...

Good for you for making the time. Sounds wonderful.

Eventuallysusan said...

You are right. There is more. So much more than we see, grasp, comprehend. So, so glad you had this time.

Unknown said...

I am glad you had a chance to rest. I am about to go on vacation and hope to relax. As my friend Jim says: "vacations are sacred"--so true!