Monday, March 2, 2009

A Day Off

Today is my day off
And yesterday was a doozy - so I needed a day to do not much.
Yesterday - teaching Sunday school, church, pastor's class, a funeral (!), gospel praise service, and bingo! It was very, very, busy.
And in the middle of the day, I lost my keys in the church and had to walk to the funeral home (up the street) - which is telling about how it was a too much to do day.

So, I had today.
Which started really well - an hour by myself in the living room, in silence, with my journal, and a book on prayer. Very nice, Very nice.

But the girls - Reagan and Addie were both sick so they stayed home and so did Marnie to take care of them. The kids were actually really good - because they did not do much except watch TV and rest. After all, they are sick.

I spent an hour writing my bills for the month and then Marnie offered to teach me how to do my bills on line and we did. I keep learning new things - it is keeping me young.

Then Chuck and I went to go out to lunch and to buy new phones. My contract ran out with ATand T (originially Cingular) a year ago, but I hate this process so I have put it off. But today we knew it was good to be out of the house for a while. So.....to verizon where I had already scoped out that this was the best deal.

It was a good deal - we got new - walk out of the store new - phones and we are now on a plan where I get more text messaging (last month I had 300 minutes of texting - I am increasing on that!) But the processs took an hour and a half. And at the end the woman who waited on us could not put our phone numbers in the phones.

So, that was the first problem to solve. I went home and did it - put my numbers in my phone and Chuck's in his. Which seemed OK until Marnie called and I realized that I had switched them and had to start over. Chuck has family, friends, and distant acquaintances in his phone - the names are usually misspelled - and often he has strange nicknames for people.

Then we also have to figure out what to do about the rings. Right now we have the same rings and don't know how to change them and it is imperative that Chuck's phone has a loud ring so that a stranger nearby will say to him - "your phone is ringing" since he often can't hear it. We hope Marnie can help us.

We got home and soon were babysitting while Marnie went to a parent teacher conference and then to work for a little while. The good news is that the girls went to sleep promptly - which is really good.

So, it is the end of the day. I watched TV tonight and played a couple of games of "East of the Web" (won one and Marnie - playing downstairs - won one) And now - after "Saving Grace - I will go to bed. This is a really good show, by the way. God is one of the characters in it!

A kind of a different day off - but I still feel rested and blessed by it all.

2 comments:

Marnie said...

Hopefully next Monday will be even more relaxing! But, it did sound like a good, productive day!

Me said...

sounds like a nice day off.