Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday Night Fun

Yesterday Chuck and I went to one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. We saw "Slumdog Millionaire." What a movie - I had heard it was a "feelgood movies" but I was unprepared for the picture it gives of live in India and the powerful depiction of the two brothers growing up. It was wonderful.

Marnie had given me a heads up that Kacey was coming over for a surprise birthday party for Chuck. His birthday was the 7th - the day we traveled hom from the cruise and he was still feeling under the weather from eating something in Mexico.

As we pulled into our driveway, Chuck remarked on the cars and the fact that the house was dark but couldn't put it together. So we walked into "surpirse!"and Dawn and Jason were there with Marnie, Kacey, Brett and 4 grandkids! He was surprised and it was great.

We had pizza and lazagna and birthday cookie, cake and pie! We were also celebrating Brett's birthday from the 2nd of Feb (first day of the cruise) and the fact that Reagan received an award at school for "tolerance." We are celebrating that Chuck is 73 and Brett is 37! Pretty cool.

Afterwards I got to do one of my favorite things in the world - sit and around and talk with the everybody !

A very fun Friday night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree that Slumdog Millionaire was excellent.

Chuck's party sounded very fun, too.