Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bible School

Yesterday was the beginning of the week of Bible School that every church does every summer.
It was - for me - a ton of fun.

I am living ni the best possible world this week. I am doing the thing that I like to do the best - which is leading games. And even better my partner in doing that is Kacey. She is organized! And so, we got together and planned the games and then she wrote up the plans and is making sure we have the stuff and then we get to do it.

When you lead games you get to know the kids and the adults. And watch them having fun.
I laughed and laughed last night.

We try to work into the theme of the day - which yesterday was "Share" - we share with each other. So we ended up playing games like "Share the Cocanuts" (which is the same as "Steal the Bacon." ) So much fun. We had 4 groups of different ages and they all got into it in different ways.
The last group was small and we played the adults against the kids which was a hoot. Kacey and Glenn and I are all competitive and aren't going to let kids beat us. Funny, funny. (we ended up tieing. ....."shared" the victory)

I always have the same feeling after the first day of Bible School - that was fun. can't we stop now? Oh, we have to do it again tomorrow? and the next day? And the next day?

Regardless - this should be a good week.

1 comment:

Me said...

I think the kids all thought we were nuts last night!