Friday, November 9, 2007

eventually Susan

I have been on the phone for an hour talking to my best friend Susan and encouraging her to figure out how to put books on "goodreads" and how to start a blog.

It is an interesting time in our lives. We have been friends since we were freshmen in college. We were both English majors and ended up as writers in some sense - she is now a reporter in Phoeniz and I write sermons every week.

But something has happened over the years. We moved from writing with pen and paper and typerwriter to computer to internet. She now knows more about me because she reads my blog and my daughters' blogs than she has known for years.

But - speaking for both of us. It is a struggle to keep on learning this stuff. I watch my daughters text, and take pictures with their phones and handily work their way around the net and I do my part slowly and carefully and clumsily. And I have trouble seeing the computer because of my foggy contacts and my weak eyes.

The fear is that we won't keep up. Susan was going to name her blog - "suddenly Susan" but the name was taken. And my suggestion - "Eventually Susan" is more appropriate for a blog by a 58 year old woman. It happens eventually these days. But it happens.

check it out -

3 comments:

Me said...

put a link to her blog on your site!

go where you add postings and choose MANAGE LAYOUT.

then look to the right at those rectangles. Click Edit on one.

Add her site at the weblink part:
www.eventuallysusan.blogspot.com and put her name in another box.

You did it! :)

Audrey Connor said...

i spent hte weekend with my best friend from my freshman year of college this weekend! funny how long friendships last - even after the moves and different life changes!

Marnie said...

You're hipper than any other 58 year old woman I know. Even if you're doing it clumsily or with your eyes squinted.